Support & Resources / Puppetry Workshops for schools
Puppetry Workshops for schools
Workshops For Schools & Groups
Puppetry is an exciting way to explore the curriculum in a creative and imaginative way!
Here’s how you can link puppetry to your topic or curriculum
- Making and using puppets helps pupils to connect with a character and feeds into their writing (English/Writing)
- Using puppets they have made to explore stories and scenarios is an exciting way to inspire writing and encourages speaking (English/Writing/Speaking)
- Speaking through a puppet they have made inspires confidence in even the most reluctant speaker (English/Speaking)
- Puppet making is a craft and children will learn new skills and explore their creativity through the process of designing and making a puppet (Art and Design)
- Puppet making involves designing and making a purposeful, functional creation and can be evaluated to test it’s functionality and appeal to an audience (Design and Technology)
- Depending on the type of puppets you make you can also link puppetry with history, topics, science and R.E.
0203 780 5977